Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Learning About Myself and God in Situations

It's amazing the things it takes us to learn what we need to know from God.

For my example here, I turn to my recent car wreck. I had a beautiful "Hyper Blue" 2006 Mini Cooper S with only 25,900 miles on it. I babied that thing. I cherished it. It was my first car I was buying with my own money. And then on August 5, 2009, a 20 year old (or so) kid pulled out in front of me when I was doing 45-50, and I had no time to stop or swerve. I hit him and I hit him hard. Airbags deployed in both cars.

Nobody was hurt that bad, which I am forever grateful for, but certain circumstances lead up to that in which nobody is to blame, but it did make me curious to know why exactly it happened. How was God going to use me in this situation or how will he teach me.

The car teetered on being totaled or not... then I got a call.

"Your car had $19,000-$20,000 worth of damages"

Woah.

Searching for over two weeks for the "PERFECT" car, I found an older Mini that wasn't exactly what I was thinking of getting.

After buying that "Jet Black" 2005 Mini Cooper S with 46,000 miles on it, I've figured out that I do not need the best of the best for the material possessions I have and "need". I have also figured out that living without a car payment is a very good way to live, especially for someone about to get married.

Now the next step is that I am wondering if I failed in how God wanted me to speak with the guys that pulled out right in front of me. Or if I missed the opportunity to share Christ's love with the fresh-behind-the-ears college grad that came to pick me up for my Enterprise Rent-a-Car. But who am I to know? It's all in God's game plan and I will do the best I can with what I have... even if I don't have what I used to think was "the best."

I am forever grateful that He is so full of Grace. For I have failed over 1,000 times and will do so in the future, too.

No comments: